Monday, May 30, 2011

Harden My Heart by Quarterflash (Winter 1981)

My friend JoLynn, plus a couple other friends I can't recall, and I went to a Toys-for-Tots concert on December 6th, 1981.  The Toys-for-Tots campaign was run by the Marine Corps at Christmastime; donations of new toys and books were taken at donation sites around the area and the toys were given out to needy children.

The tickets for the concert were relatively inexpensive because you also brought a toy to the concert for the donation bins.  I don't remember what I donated, but I do remember all the hot Marines in their uniforms.  Playing the concert that night were Quarterflash, Juice Newton, The Spinners and a big name at the time, Rick Springfield.

That night was so much fun; I had no idea that the lead singer of Quarterflash, Rindy Ross, was also the one who played the saxophone in the band.  She really rocked it out; she was a blast to watch.

Although Rick Springfield was the main draw, I enjoyed Quarterflash's performance the most.  But I've always been a sucker for the saxophone.





No comments:

Post a Comment