Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome...

If you're a reader of my other blog, Chaos and Contentment, you know I'm really into music, especially the 60s, 70s and 80s. I write a regular guest blog called It Came from the 80s at a site called Forgotten Flix, in which I reminisce about movies I saw in the 80s and what was going on my life at the time.

Why not do the same thing with music, only not limiting myself to one decade?

At least once or twice a week I will pick a song from a day in my past and write about what I was doing, how I was feeling - maybe even reveal a secret or two.

We'll start with a quick and easy post today. I first became aware of The Beatles when I was about four or five years old, listening to "Yellow Submarine" on the radio. I remember sitting on a friend's porch while the radio played, while a bunch of us kids sang along very off-key. I didn't know who The Beatles were or that they were a major force in music; I just knew it was a fun song. Many years later, I would be a Beatles FANATIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment